Happy Earth Day! This is one of my favorite days of the year! I love how it brings attention to how we can change some of our ways to show our love of the earth.
I know it has been said, but it is super important to try to encorporate the values of earth day into your every day life. What is ONE small thing that you can do to that can decerease your impact on the environment? If you can’t think of one, here is a list of ten truly simple earth friendly things that you can do all year long!
1. Use a re-usable water bottle. I love my LifeProof glass bottle! You will also notice improved water taste over plastic water bottles
2. Bring your own bags to the store (some stores give you a discount!)
3. Bring a refillable travel mug to your favorite coffee spot (discounts given here too!)
4. Start a compost bin
5. Plant a milkweed plant in your yard
7. Bring your lunch to work in a cute reusable lunch tote!
8. Walk into the store when you can instead of driving
9. Turn off the water while you brush your teeth or wash your hands
10. Shop resales! This way, new materials and packaging don’t need to be made for your new favorite item! I just snagged a super cute bike for my daughter! There are a ton of groups on Facebook. Search for your community!
If you need some more ideas for yourself, your kids or your class, check out my flash Earth Day FREEBIE! 10 fun activities that you can do all year!